Learn the secrets behind Rita Roberts’ evocative cloud-scapes by understanding clouds as form and structure. The content of this online course is presented in oils, but can translate to any media.
What You’ll Learn
- Using essential tools and materials
- Tips for using reference photos and what to look for in your subjects
- The importance of value in rendering believable clouds
- Charcoal and oil painting methods which are unique to Rita’s unusual, and personally developed techniques
See list of supplies needed for either course.
ONLINE COURSE BEGINS:
When you register and pay tuition.
COURSE LENGTH: 4 weeks
See Rita’s paintings here.
CV and professional history.
Basic Course — $35 (introductory offer) See overview of Basic Course here.
Full Course — $135 (introductory offer) See overview of Full Course here.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
This class is for beginning to experienced artists who want to add more drama, depth and feeling to their landscape paintings or drawings. Illustrators would also benefit from this class as clouds can create mood, environment and believability for a character’s story.
PRIVATE LESSONS: $45 per hour.
If you prefer working on your own and want instruction without the pressure of sharing your progress with a group, private lessons might be better suited for you. You can always join the group later as your painting confidence builds!
We can also cover any subject:
- portfolio building,
- gallery submissions or other art topic you might be interested in.
- Charcoal drawings,
- oil, and
- plein air painting are my specialties in the fine arts.
- For illustrators — character design, world building in traditional media.
Contact Rita to learn more.